This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect in relation to personal information about you which is collected, handled and processed by Matchking Limited.
Matchking Limited of 22a Station Approach, West Byfleet, Surrey KT14 6NF is the Data Controller.
We acknowledge and agree that any personal data of yours that we handle will be processed in accordance with all applicable data protection laws in force from time to time. With effect from 25 May 2018, this will be the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”).
The information we may collect
The information about you we may collect, hold and process is set out below:
- Information collected and processed for finding you a suitable role is as follows:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your telephone number(s)
- CV/work history
- Job preferences including role, geographical areas, and salary
- Any other work-related information you provide, for example, education or training certificates
- We may also need to collect the following information:
- In some cases, permits, and visas
- National insurance number
- Full details of job offers and placements
- Outcome of criminal record checks and security clearance for certain roles
- In certain cases, medical information
- Financial information (including but not limited to payroll details and terms, HMRC data, pension scheme details, court orders and statutory payments)
- A log of our communications with you by email and telephone
How we use the information
This information will have been provided or will be provided, by you or a third party who we work with, such as a Job Board Company or another employment business or agency. In the case of references, these will be from your previous employer. Medical information may be supplied by a third party such as your GP, Consultant or Occupational Health. The outcome of criminal record checks and security clearance checks, where relevant, will be supplied by the Disclosure and Barring Service or other external company applicable to the placement.
The above information is used to provide our services to you in our capacity as a recruitment agency to find you suitable work whether on a temporary or permanent basis based on your requirements as set out below.
The information under 1) above may be used as follows:
- To match your skill sets with job vacancies to assist in finding you the positions that most suit you
- To put forward your details to our clients and prospective employers for you to be considered for vacancies
- To place you with our clients and prospective employers
- To keep you informed of available opportunities as they arise
- To keep you informed of the services offered by us
The information under 2) above may be used as follows:
- To establish that you have the right to work
- To undertake relevant security and criminal record checks as required by our clients and prospective employers and as permitted by law
- To deal with any medical and health and safety issues relating to certain positions
- To put in place contractual arrangements and documentation once a role has been secured
- To pay you if placed under contract
How we hold the information
All the personal data we have is stored on Microsoft Azure servers within secure Microsoft data centres at two locations in Europe.
Azure meets a broad set of international and industry-specific compliance standards such as ISO 27001, HIPAA, FedRAMP, SOC 1 and SOC 2 as well as country-specific standards such as Australia IRAP, UK G-Cloud, and Singapore MTCS. Rigorous third-party audits, such as commissioned by the British Standards Institute confirm Azure’s adherence to the strict security controls these standards mandate. Further information on Microsoft’s security overview can be found here [https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/opbuildpdf/security/TOC.pdf?branch=live].
Any information that we print (your CV for example) is stored securely if travelling to/from meetings and is shredded as soon possible afterwards. Information is secured under lock and key in the office and no printed information is taken home by employees.
Access to CRM data is restricted to approved employees only.
Disclosure of your information
Your CV and related information will be shared or sent to prospective employers. Once you have secured a placement additional information will be provided to them to enable the placement to proceed. Such employers and clients will usually be located inside the European Economic Area (EEA) but may be outside of the EEA. Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the EEA unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection or the appropriate safeguards are in place for your rights and freedoms. Before such a transfer takes place outside of the EEA, we will provide you with further information concerning this.
Other trusted third parties that we may share your data with are as follows: HM Revenue and Customs, pension scheme providers, legal advisors and other companies for the purpose of undertaking pre-engagement checks for the role or for paying you.
What is the legal basis for processing the information?
Information and documentation to establish your right to work is processed by us as we are legally obliged to do so.
In respect of medical information, the basis for us processing this will depend on the circumstances but will usually be for one of the following reasons: it is necessary to protect health and safety or to prevent discrimination on the grounds of disability or where consent has been obtained if required.
Information in relation to criminal record checks, which are relevant for some roles, will be processed on the basis that it is necessary for us to comply with the law or consent will be obtained if required.
Once a position has been found for you, we will process your personal data, including financial information, for the purpose of you entering into a contract to fulfil your role and to enable us to pay you, depending on the specific contractual arrangements and circumstances.
For the purposes of paying you, where relevant, we are legally obliged to provide information to HMRC.
Once a placement has been secured, we may also process your data on the basis of our legitimate interests i.e. for administrative purposes.
You currently have the right at any time to ask for a copy of the information about you that we hold. If you would like to make a request for information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to this right of access, you also have the following rights: erasure, restriction of processing, objection and data portability.
Retention of your data
Your data will be retained for no longer than is necessary and in accordance with our Data Retention Policy.
Withdrawal of consent
If you have provided us with your consent to process your data, for the purpose of using our services and us finding you suitable work, you have the right to withdraw this at any time. In order to do so, you should contact us by emailing email@example.com
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to Information Commissioners Office at https:\\ico.org.uk\concerns.
Please address any questions, comments, and requests regarding our data processing practices to firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to the Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be changed by us at any time.